If you’re new here, every month I share how I’m doing with my goals for the year. This includes personal, blogging/business, and of course financial goals. This post holds me accountable to the goals I set every year, but more importantly, it helps my readers to see that having financial goals in place are the key to succeeding with money. If you need help setting financial goals, make sure you read this post here on the steps to setting financial goals.
2017 Blogging Goals
BIG Goal this year: Help 1,000 people/families achieve financial success in 2017 through my course, Real Life Money Plan.
5,000 Twitter Followers by 12/31/17
- Follower on 01/01/17: 2,626
- Current Followers: 2,625 (I’m thinking that the reason my following went down is because I’ve actually started using Twitter so folks that didn’t remember following me are now unfollowing me…)
40,000 Email Subscribers by 12/31/17
- Email Subscribers on 01/01/17: 18,875
- Current Subscribers: 19,172
1,000 YouTube Subscribers by 12/31/17
- YouTube Subscribers on 01/01/17: 246
- Current Subscribers: 419
Become a Certified Financial Coach by 12/31/17. I’m actually in Nashville right now for training!! 🙂
Make one TV appearance
Rebrand to Jessi Fearon and switch to jessifearon.com by 3/1/17 (Done. I’d love to hear what you think! 🙂 )
Three conferences I plan to attend this year:
- Business Boutique One-Day Event in Atlanta (I may not actually attend this….haven’t officially decided yet.)
- Focused Blogging Conference (I’m actually a mentor this year!) – Tickets are on sale NOW and there are only a 100 available so make sure you grab them before they sell out! 🙂 Head here to see details: www.FocusedBlogginConference.
- FinCon 17
Let me know if I’ll see you at any of these conferences!! I would LOVE to meet you there!
3 Webinar Training sessions
3 Speaking Gigs (2 are lined up so far):
Rockstar Financial SummitDone. If you’d like to see the replays of the summit, they are available here.
- Focused Blogging Conference
***If you’re wondering how I came up with these goals, I did this with the help of my fantastic business coach, Kelly. She actually put together a free worksheet to help you start the process of coming up with amazing goals for 2017. Click here to download the worksheet.
2017 Personal Goals
Work out 2x a week using these free videos.
Average 10,000 steps a day – 5 days a week (tracking this with my FitBit). Here’s my average (I did not do as well this month as I did last month – mostly because I kept forgetting to put the darn thing on. ):
Complete Crystal’s 15 Days to a Healthier You Challenge Done.
Oh how I wish time would stay still.
2017 Marriage Goals
Write one love note to Pat every month. Done. Spend one hour every day with just Pat. Done this month.
Take one secluded vacation with Pat this year (Hoping to still make this happen but Pat’s business is booming so it’s proving to be a challenge to get this scheduled.)
Conner is getting soooo much better with his writing and he’s starting to read better.
2017 Mothering Goals
Take my children on a fun outing once-a-month (Done. We went to SkyZone. 🙂 ) Set aside dedicated time for help with schoolwork and arts/crafts Done this month.
2017 Spiritual Goals
I did really great last year with my spiritual goals so I’m not setting any crazy goals for this year. 🙂
Pray 3x a Day (I wasn’t super consistent with this but definitely am getting better.)
Complete 3 Bible Studies outside of the Women’s Bible Study Group at church. Just started my 1st one this year – it’s a Lenten one from Blessed Is She.
2017 Financial Goals
Pay off mortgage by 12/31/17.
- Balance in December 2016: $27,938.08
- Current balance: $25,402.22 (most current payment hasn’t calculated yet…)
Save to replace roof by May 2017. We decided that we’re scratching this goal until after we get our house paid off. Savings goal: $4,000 Current balance: $1,000
What are your goals for 2017?
Is your money ready for the new year?
Download our free Money Check Up workbook and get your money ready for the New Year!