I can think of few things that are better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter’s day and this loaded potato soup is one of my favorites! I love that it can cook in the slow cooker all day long while I wrestle with my crazy crew.
I adapted this recipe from the cookbook 100 Days of Real Food* by Lisa Leake. Her cookbook is a must-have for anyone looking to eat healthier or wanting to eat a more real food-based diet.
You can pair this with some skillet cornbread or a side salad for a full meal!
- 3 to 4 Large Potatoes (Russets or Yukon Gold)
- 1/2 Cup diced onion
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Shredded cheddar cheese, cooked bacon, sour cream, and sliced green onions for toppings
- Add the potatoes, onion, stock, garlic, and salt to a slow cooker. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Add the butter and puree the soup using a handheld immersion blender. Stir in the cream.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garish with toppings. Serve immediately.
JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Money controlling you? I know the feeling. My family has been living this real life on a budget for a long time and I can tell you that there's never a perfect season, but with a few changes you can start to reign in your money issues.
Join the 5-Day Challenge today and start getting your money life in order this week!