As a mom of three kids who I homeschool, I understand the need for simple, easy, and sometimes quick lunches. And I also know that packing a lunch for a field trip or just Sunday lunch when the whole fam is home can be tough. So I thought I’d share a few lunch ideas that feed the whole crowd easily!
1. Personal Pizzas
This one works for lunch or dinner and is a Fearon family favorite in our home. I buy the garlic Naan from Aldi and their Balsamic glaze (so good!).
- 4 Garlic Naan
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (can use shredded, but fresh melts better in my opinion)
- Balsamic glaze
- Optional: sliced red onions, fresh kale or spinach, mushrooms, artichokes, salami, olives
- Place Naan on parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil on Naan.
- Top with the desired toppings
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Once baked, drizzle with Balsamic glaze and serve.
2. Easy Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing
This is an easy salad to pack for work or pack for a field trip. Just make sure to add your protein of choice so you’re not starving soon after eating it.
- 5 cups mixed greens (about 10 ounces)
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, halved 1/2 cup
- shredded carrots
- Cucumbers, sliced
- Red onions, sliced
- Feta crumbled plain
- Optional protein choices: hard-boiled eggs, leftover pork chops, shredded chicken, beans, etc.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the salad with the dressing, and enjoy!
P.S. A tip for making a lot of hard-boiled eggs quickly is to use a pressure cooker! It’s my favorite way to make them. I just do 5 minutes on high pressure followed by an ice bath.
3. Grazing Board; A.K.A. Picnic Style
This is my favorite way to do lunch with my family and is exactly what I do when we plan field trips or adventures. Instead of packing individual lunches, we pack a big picnic-style lunch for everyone to enjoy together. I also love doing this on Sunday afternoons when we need to eat up what’s left in the house before I go to the grocery store on Mondays. You can make these a simple and easy as you want to! Below are just a few of the ones we’ve done before.
Taco Picnic Lunch (I just brought leftover taco meat kept warm in a thermos):
Salad + French Bread Grazing Board (a.k.a. we had some food that needed to be eaten up but didn’t have a whole lot on hand either):
Lunchables Picnic Style:
There you have it! Just a few simple meals for when you’re in a rut and just don’t know what you want to make/prepare. What are some ideas that you can share below for other weary mamas looking for help?
OTHER POSTS YOU MAY ENJOY
JOIN THE CHALLENGE!
Money controlling you? I know the feeling. My family has been living this real life on a budget for a long time and I can tell you that there's never a perfect season, but with a few changes you can start to reign in your money issues.
Join the 5-Day Challenge today and start getting your money life in order this week!